Monday, August 23, 2010

At Mom and Dad's

Last week I came back from my parents in Abilene, Kansas. We had great meals while I was there, and one we had was called Chicken Milano. I loved it.

1 tbs. olive oil
1 lb. chicken breasts, chopped
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 c. sun-dried tomatoes, chopped and drained
1 c. chicken broth
2 tbs. chopped fresh basil
1/8 tsp. pepper
2 pkgs. ramen noodles with 1 seasoning packet

1. Heat oil in a skillet; add chicken and garlic and cook until chicken is done, 10 - 15 minutes. Add tomatoes, chicken broth, basil and pepper. Simmer over low heat 5 minutes.

2. Cook noodles in water according to package directions drain. Add 1 seasoning packet. Serve the chicken mixture over the noodles.

We also had Enchilada Torte. I have to get the recipe from Mom for this one. She's made this one since we went to Casa Bonita Restaurant in Denver. She made sure to figure out the recipe and she made it for years. This one reminds me of my childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment