Friday, November 12, 2010

The Hunting Widow!

I was a hunting widow last week. It was fun. Rob went out to fill his bull elk tag. This is a once in a lifetime hunt and it's amazing how in to this he is.

He left last Friday and I went to the football game with some friends and then came home and had a sandwich. I know so exciting, but it's not always fun to cook for yourself.

On Saturday I had a bunch of friends over for appetizers and beer and that was fun too. We had elk tenderloin on crackers that I made. Recipe forthcoming in another post. My friend Dave Meisner made the tenderloin. It was soooooo good. He served in on the crackers with sourcream/horse radish sauce and pomegranate seeds. His kids call it a Rudolph. I thought it was funny.

On Sunday, I had Talmud study with some of the people from the JCEC. I made raspberry and pear pie with a streusel topping. It turned out well.

2 cups of fresh raspberries, three sliced pears, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 c. sugar, 1/8 tsp. ginger, and 2 tsp. corn starch. Mix this all up and put into a pie crust.

Cover with streusel topping.

2/3 c. flour
2/3 c. brown sugar
2/3 c. chopped pecans
1 tsp. cinnmon
5 tbs. melted butter.

Mix together and then crumble on top of the fruit.

Bake at 350 until the filling is bubbling and the crust is brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment