Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Venison Flank Steak

I've got to clean out the freezer because Rob got an Elk tag and and a deer tag, so I pulled out a venison flank steak to have for dinner. The one problem with cooking venison is that it doesn't have a lot of fat in it, so you really have to watch to make sure it doesn't dry out.

I put the flank steak in a dish and covered it with at least 1/2 to 3/4 cup of salsa, the spicier the better, tomato, onion, and pepper, with cilantro, etc. I then added 1 bottle of tecate beer and 1/2 cup of beef stock. I added a little black pepper and some salt, but not much because the stock and salsa are pretty salty.

Let it marinate for at least two hours, but five or six would be better. Heat up your grill and put the steak on. You want about 1o minutes per side. Not more, because you don't want venison leather, you want nice juicy meat.

I served this with spicy black beans, spanish rice, and guacamole. Put it all in a flour tortilla and you have a real treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment