Sunday, December 13, 2009

Cooking With A Partner

Rob and I are in San Francisco with his mom.  We are waiting for a procedure and just generally taking care of things.  Because we both have time, we are cooking together.  Doris had her first procedure last Thursday as I mentioned in my last post.

On Friday the 4th, I made chicken soup.  Doris wanted something light and this seemed to fill the bill.
Chicken Soup
1 chicken breast poached in chicken broth.  Shred it when it is cool.
two large carrots cut into rounds
1 onion sliced thinly
1 cup of cooked rice
6 cups of chicken broth
21 seasoning salute, mrs. dash, any one of these kinds of seasoning mixes.

Saute onion and add the carrot,  then add the chicken.  Add the six cups of stock  cook until the carrots are tender and then add the cooked rice.  Let the rice come to temperature an then serve with crusty bread.




----------
Sent from my Verizon Wireless mobile phone

No comments:

Post a Comment