Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Dover Sole

We had dover sole for dinner on Monday. I grilled it on the grill, on some aluminum foil for about 4 minutes per side. Any more than that and it dries out. It's a really thin fish.

I made a thai coconut milk/lime rice from Trader Joe's. It was a heat and eat. Great for a Monday night. I also made a quick salad. I used the beluga lentils from Trader Joe's, these are a nice small black lentil. I added two chopped tomatoes, four artichoke hearts that had been packed in water, and then 2 tbs of red wine vinegar, and a splash of olive oil. Add salt and pepper and you have a quick good salad.

Last night, I used up some the rest of the sole. I dredged it in flour seasoned with salt and pepper, and pan fried it, and then created a lemon butter sauce for it. I make this sauce and it's always too lemony, so I've got to cut down on the
lemon. Scrape the pan after you cook the fish, and add 1/4 cup white wine, 1/3 cup lemon, although this is where I'm changing it, 1/4 of lemon juice. Bring this to a boil and then add 4 tbs of room temperature butter. Melt the butter and add 1.5 tbs of capers. Pour over the fish. I served this with artichokes and a baked potato with tomatoes and pecorino romano cheese, and greek yogurt.

Dinner elsewhere tonite. Eating with Tami and Reece and Doug at Tami's house. Yeah! No cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment