Monday, April 19, 2010

We Ate at Home

That's what we did last week. We ate at home. On Tuesday, we had leftovers of a sort. I reheated the lentil soup from Monday, and made open faced chicken sandwiches.

Open-faced Chicken Sandwiches

2 pieces multi-grain bread
1 chicken breast from the roast chicken on Friday, sliced thinly
1 onion sliced thinly and sauteed
1/2 chipotle pepper sauteed with the onion
1/2 cup shredded gouda cheese
1 tsp. dijon mustard.

Spread the mustard on each bread slice, place half the chicken on each, add the sauteed onion and pepper and then top with the gouda cheese.

Place under the broiler for 3 to 4 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.

On Wednesday, our friend Doug came for dinner. I made salad, and baked tortelloni. We love this dish. The recipe appears in an earlier blog. I took some leftover challah, and melted butter, mixed it with chopped garlic and put it under the broiler for about 3 minutes, oh, cover it with parmesan cheese. Then put it under the broiler.

On Thursday, we had leftover lentil soup and artichokes. Neither Rob nor I were very hungry, so it was a nice light meal.

On Friday, it was the Soroptomist wine tasting and then we tried out the new sushi bar in town called Kibuki. OMG, as my daughter would say, it was divine. The freshest fish I've ever eaten, and so flavorful. Rob started talking to the head chef and he called us up to bar, after he had been done for the evening and made us the most heavenly sushi.

Saturday, we played more tennis than is humanly possible, and then went out for dinner to the Blind Onion Pizzeria. It was good, Greek Pizza and Caesar Salad. Easy for me.

Last night I decided to use some of the venison we had in the freezer. We've got to start eating it, so that the freezer is empty when hunting season starts again. I marinated the venison in a bottle of beer, one tbs. of chopped garlic, lemon pepper, and worstershire sauce for about an hour and a half. I grilled it on high heat, until it was just pink. Yummy.

Smoky Paprika Cauliflower

I took a head of cauliflower and cut it up into slices. Doused it with some white wine, and olive oil, and 2 tsps of smoky paprika. I put it into aluminum foil and grilled it cooked it in the packet until the cauliflower was tender. Finish it off with ground black pepper.

Pepper Potatoes:

I cooked a couple of baked potatoes in the oven and roasted some minature sweet peppers on the grill. I sliced up the peppers dressed them with some olive oil and worstershire sauce and then piled that up on top of the potatoes. It was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment