Monday, November 30, 2009

Travel and more Travel

It's been a week since I posted last, and I really haven't done much cooking, actually none to speak of.

Tuesday, Rob and I left for San Francisco, drove to Reno, but stopped in Winnemucca and had chinese food at a good restaurant there. Made it in and left the next morning to go to Doris' house in Novato. We ate an old time San Rafael restaurant called San Rafael Joe's, kind of an American-Italian place. I had halibut. I've been eating a lot more fish lately, and the halibut was good.

Thursday, of course was Thanksgiving, I thought I was going to make pies to take to Fran and Phil's, but we stopped in Auburn and picked up a pecan and a marionberry pie at Ikeda's. They make great pies, and I just didn't have the time. The pies were outstanding. I did make a brussels sprouts side dish. I sauteed the brussell sprouts in olive oil until tender and then added chopped pecans, dried cranberries, and blue cheese. It was yummy. Non-brussell sprout eaters ate it too.

Friday, Rob, Lili and I went into the city and had chinese food in China Town at a place called The House of Nanking. It was okay, but not outstanding. We went to the movies and saw Pirate Radio. I highly recommend it. So funny. We got soup and stuff for grilled cheese sandwiches and that's what we had at home after the movie.

Saturday, Rob's cousin Phil and his wife Fran came to Novato to see Doris. She has been ill and didn't want to come to Thanksgiving. We had three kinds of breads, walnut, banana nut,and challah, along with bagels, lochs, and cream cheese. Easy to do.

We left Novato and drove to Reno Saturday night and then had dinner at India Curry and Kebab. We really enjoyed it. We had tikka masala salmon and murg dagwala tandorri. I love Indian food. Sunday, we ate at Peg's Glorious Ham and Eggs. Rob had a salmon omelet and I had salmon fish tacos. Yum. We got home late and had Pizza.

Today, I'm not feeling so well. I have a mild fever and a pretty good back ache. So Rob is bringing me Caldo de Pollo from Sergio's Mexican restaurant. It's the best.

We are leaving on Wednesday for San Francisco as Doris is having surgery on her gall bladder on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment