Thursday, September 17, 2009

Venison Osso Bucco

In my last post I mentioned that I am in the process of cleaning out the freezer. So, I pulled out some venison shanks and some venison meat and put it in an osso bucco. I browned the shanks and the meat and then sauted two sliced onion, and one carrot,chopped finely. I added 1 and 1/2 cups of crushed tomatoes and 2 tsps of garlic along with 1 cup of white wine and 2 cups of beef broth. From their I added a bay leaf, lemon rind, rosemarry, and thyme from the garden. I adapted this recipe from "The Complete Meat Cookbook." You put the shanks back into the pan and then put them in a 325 degree oven for an hour or two, turning the meat every so often.

I'm going to serve it with some polenta and brocollini. Hopefully it will be good.

Didn't get the challah made this evening, will have to do it tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment