Monday, September 21, 2009

A Weekend Without Cooking

I don't very often have a weekend without cooking, but it happened this weekend. Friday I made six more loaves of challah for Rosh Hashana services. They were great, and went over well. They want the recipe. To give it, or not? So, after Friday services we got veggie pizza from the Blind Onion, which is five minutes from the townhouse in Reno. No cooking. Blind Onion has pretty darn good pizza. We had a caesar salad and were good to go. After services on Saturday, we went home and had leftover pizza and a nap. We went out to dinner with Tom and ElizaBeth to Whole Foods in the evening, and had a great time. Sunday, we did a quick shop and came back to Elko. I guess you could say I did a little cooking, heating actually. We got a roast chicken from Raley's, made stove top stuffing, and had rice with gravy. I steamed some brussel sprouts and that was dinner.

Tonight we are going to JR's with our friend Doug, so I'll cook, Tuesday and Wednesday. Rob is off to Jackpot on Thursday for court and then we are headed back to Reno to get Lili and have Yom Kippur services on Friday. This weekend, I'll be doing some cooking.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you to blog everyday. Now you need to add some pictures of the final dishes so we know what stuff looks like. Have a great day. I love you!

    ReplyDelete