Monday, October 12, 2009

A Fast Weekend, and a Crazy Week

We were in Reno this weekend. We had a visit with Lili which was great and a quick trip. Rob and I left on Friday around 4:30 and headed to Reno. We picked up Lili at 9:15 at our friends, Walter and Cindy's, house. Of course we couldn't do things quickly we had to have a couple of glasses of wine and then it was 11:15. We went into Reno and had dinner. Lili ate with Walter and Cindy, Rob and I had In and Out Burger. Lili had some too because she is always hungry. In and Out has to be the best fast food hamburger by a chain after Sonic. At least that's my opinion.

Saturday we got up and had croissants at a little coffe place and bakery called Franz's Bakestube which is German for bakery. For lunch we went to our little Indian restaurant and had the buffet. It was great. Dinner was around eight and we ate sushi. It wasn't my first choice, but Rob had a hankering for good sushi, so away we went. We did all you can eat.

Sunday, we had croissants again at Pete's and then Lili got on the plane to San Jose. Rob and I spent an hour at the fabric store so that I can get some purses made and then we ate Vietnamese. It was a weekend of Asian food.

Last night we got home late and I made pasta with olive oil, garlic and romano cheese. It was good and easy. Guess what? I'm having it for leftovers today.

This week is crazy for Rob, he has a jury trial, which always puts him in a difficult mood. So, we'll do lots of food at home this week and get him things for lunch, since he doesn't have a lot of time to eat. I'm thinking stuffed peppers for dinner one night, and fish is always good. I think we will have salmon for dinner tonight with asparagus and some kind of a starch, rice or something. I'll let you know tomorrow what happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment