Thursday, October 1, 2009

Dinner Out

We had dinner out last night. We have a sushi restaurant in Elko. I know, who would think that Elko would have a sushi restaurant, but in typical Elko style it's a sushi restaurant that took over an italian restaurant, and to keep all the old loyal customers they still have italian dishes on the menu. For instance, Sausage and Gorgonzola Gnocchi, who has gnocchi at a sushi restaurant? Go figure, anyway, I had a big bowl of Thom Kha Soup last night.

We went out to dinner because I tutored until 7:30 and just didn't want to fix dinner. I like Thom Kha Soup. It's a coconut milk based soup with chicken and rice and other good stuff. I'm going to try to deconstruct it one of these days and make my own. I think I can make it better. Ooooo. I set myself up for a challenge.

I'm not sure what we'll have for dinner tonight, but it will be something warm. It is 25 degrees right now.

I'm going to make some kind of dessert with pears. Because we had a hard freeze last night all my friends were picking their fruit to save it. I have an entire bowl of pears, so I think I'll make a pear tart for dessert.

Rob has been after me to make a fish soup that our friend Shannon makes, so I just found the recipe in my emails and I may try it. We'll see how I feel.

2 comments:

  1. You could can the pears in a light syrup. I did that last year with apples and pears. They were great to pull out in January. We actually knew where our fruit had come from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I think that's what I'll do. Too many to keep using so quickly. What a great project for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete