Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fish Pie

Yup. After some deliberation, it was fish pie. I took a recipe from Jamie Oliver and tweaked it a little bit, because I didn't have potatoes and I didn't want to use a hard boiled egg in anything.

So, it was a pound of leftover fish that I had, salmon, cod, and tuna along with assorted other things, that made a good pie. Although, Rob wasn't that excited about it.

I sauteed one yellow onion, 1 carrot and two stalks of celery in olive oil. When they were soft, I added 1 cup of no-fat half and half, when that had just come to a boil, I took it off the heat and added 1 tbsp of dijon mustard, the juice of one lemon, and a handful of chopped parsley, along with two handfuls of graded cheddar cheese.

Then in a casserole pan I put the fish, along with a thawed package of frozen spinach and mixed it with the veg mixture. I used a ready-made pie crust, covered the top and baked it at 450 for 25 minutes.

I served it with left over yellow beets. It was good, or so I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment