Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Stuffed Peppers

Yeah! Rob's trial was postponed. The defense attorney has the flu. So, I made stuffed peppers yesterday. I got some great red, yellow, and orange peppers at Costco when we were in Reno last weekend. I don't like the green ones, they are too bitter in stuffed peppers.

I chop up the leftover tops and use them in the stuffing. So, to make six stuffed peppers, I use the leftover tops, one small diced yellow onion, 1 clove of garlic chopped and 3/4 lb. of ground meat. Saute all the veggies until they are soft and pretty, add some salt and pepper and then the meat. I then added the left over rice from last night. About a cup and 1/2. Add 1 tbs of fresh thyme and a good grind of lemon pepper.

I bake the peppers at 425 before I stuff them for about 25 minutes. It makes them softer. Stuff the peppers with the meat mixture and then use 1-14.5 ounce can of tomato puree and 1/2 a jar of spaghetti sauce and pour that over the peppers. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes.

They are great with a loaf of nice hot bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment