Thursday, October 15, 2009

Soup and a Sandwich?

Last night was my crazy night of the week. I tutor until 7:30 and I also had a board meeting last night. I put bieroch in the freezer from last week, so I pulled them out and heated them in the microwave. I guess that's the sandwich part.

For a soup, I took 2 heads of garlic that had been finally diced and sweated them in about 1 tbs of olive oil. When it was soft, I added 8 cups of chicken broth and a bundle of rosemary, a bay leaf, thyme, and oregano. I let this simmer for 40 minutes. I shut it off and left it until I got home, and then added one bunch of broccolini, or broccoli would work also. I cut the broccolini up and added 8 ounces of small dried ravioli to the soup and brought it to a boil. When the ravioli was cooked, it was ready.

It was really yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment