Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fish

We had salmon for dinner last night. Not too long ago we went to Costco and bought some marinated salmon filets. They are quite good. They are easy to cook as you just take them out of the package and broil them.

I made two side dishes to go with them. Trader Joe's in Reno, one of my favorite stores has this brown rice medley, that has brown rice, radish seeds and black barley in it. You cook 1 cup with 2.5 cups of water or stock, I used chicken broth and then added five sauteed artichoke hearts, one small diced onion, and 2 cloves of garlic that had been minced. This really added to the grains.

I had some asparagus in the refrigerator, so I cut it up and sauteed it in one tbs of olive oil with some mushrooms and one diced tomato. I added a little chicken broth at the end to help it steam and covered it.

When I plated the dish, I put the salmon down on the plate and then covered it with some of the mushrooms and tomatoes from the asparagus.

This was good, and pretty low in fat. I'll make the rice dish this way again.

No comments:

Post a Comment