Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Rut, a Big Ugly Rut

I feel like I'm in a rut, a big ugly one. WE had leftovers for dinnner last night. Rob had leftover shepherd's pie, and I had leftover fish pie. I'll tell you what, the wedding was over and I packed on the pounds. I have gained six or eight pounds and none of my clothes fit the way I want them too. I've got to start exercising again, and work on that dreaded portion control. Walking the dog a mile twice a day just isn't cutting it anymore.

It was so cold when I walked the dog today, that I think soup is going to be the ticket. I'm not sure what kind, but soup definitely, with garlic bread.

Rob and I are off to Salt Lake City tomorrow so that we can see various doctors. Found out last night that Rob's mom may have the "c" word. She works at the hospital where she had the tests done, so she pulled her own chart and the radioactive dye that they use targeted the cancer cells. She has some "blips" in her lungs and in her gall bladder. It was so lucky that she fell and had the x-rays, that showed the spots, so early. She'll let us know when she gets the word from her doctor as to what will happen next. Realize this isn't about food, but needed to vent.

2 comments:

  1. Make some cheesey potato soup. You get 2 of your most favorite foods! Sorry to hear about Rob's mom. When did she fall?
    On the weight gain thing, my gyno told me that after a woman hits 30 she can average to gain about 3 pounds per year. To keep that from happening you have to exercise and watch what you eat, but you still will put on weight or stay at the same weight. (Not the best news to hear when you want to loose some pounds.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She fell two and or three weeks ago. We'll know more about what to do in a few days.

    ReplyDelete