Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Whole Week

I can't begin to tell you how many times I have tried to type this blog. This is the third time. It seems that every time I get close to the end, I hit the wrong button and it deletes the whole damn thing. It would be all right if it were a short little blog, but it's taken me twenty minutes each time to type what I want to say and then I lose it all.

It's been a week since I blogged last. Over a week, so here goes.

Thursday: Leftovers. I'm sick to death of leftovers. I've got to start making smaller casseroles so I don't have to keep eating them over and over again.

Friday: Biltoki: We went to one of the Basque restaurants in town this weekend. We had the special which means a ton of food. Rob had cod and I had basque chicken, with soup, salad, fries, green beans, spaghetti, and beans. It's an immense amount of food. Rob's friend Tom was here to go hunting for deer over the weekend and they both got one. More on that later.

Saturday: I went to dinner at David's. His friend Tara was there and she is a vegan so we had an assortment of vegetables and spaghetti sauce over vegan meatballs. Is that an oxymoron? Anyway, it was good. I made my famous pear tart and David returned the pan to Rob on Monday, so he had eaten the last half by himself.

Sunday: Rob came in about 1:30 and we butchered his deer. It was a good sized deer and we got a lot of meat. About 7:30 we went to dinner at The Blind Onion and had a big caesar salad and then a greek pizza. It was really good.

Monday: Rob was not feeling well all day, and came home from work. I made him an easy meal of chicken, rice, green beans, and sauteed onions. Nothing fancy, nothing easy, but definitely tasted good.

Tuesday: I made sausage all evening. Three different kinds. The first kind was just regular breakfast sausage. 3 lbs of venison, 1/2 lb of beef suet, 1 tbs. of pepper, 1 tbs of red pepper flakes, 1 tbs of kosher salt. 3 tbs of rubbed sage, all mixed together. I divided it into 1/2 pound portions and put it in the freezer. The second type was rosemary, sun-dried tomato. I took two pounds of meat, 1/4 lb of beef suet, 3 tbs. of dried rosemary, 10 sun-dried tomatoes diced finely, 3 tbs. of garlic, and 1 tbs of kosher salt, 1 tbs. of black pepper. Divided it into 1/2 pound portions. Third type was definitely the best. Pear/Goat Cheese. 2 lbs of venison, 1/4 lb of beef suet, 1 whole pear diced finely, 5 tbs of crumbled goat cheese, 1 tbs of lemon pepper, 1 tbs of kosher salt. Divided into 1/2 lb. portions.

For dinner we had some of the pear/goat cheese sausage. It was great, if I do say so myself. We also had soup with greens, this is a wonderful recipe. 3 cloves of chopped garlic, 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes, and 1 tbs of olive oil. saute the garlic and red pepper flake for about 1 minute,and then add two or three chopped italian sausages. Brown the sausage and then add 5 cups of chicken broth, and one package of thawed frozen spinach along with 2 tbs of grated parmesan cheese or a parmesan cheese rind. Let this simmer for about 15 minutes. Add 2 cans of white beans and let this cook for about 10 minutes more. Serve with a little parmesan cheese.

I could make this once a week and Rob would eat it all the time.

Wednesday: Leftover soup with greens and leftover pizza.

Thursday: Not sure what we will do for dinner tonite. Neither Rob nor I have to work tomorrow. It's Nevada Day and we get the day off. Usually we are travelling to Reno to see Lili. She has a big weekend at school this time, so we decided to stay home. This is the first time we've stayed home for a long time. I have to figure out what to do for Halloween. I saw a really cool pretzel stick dipped in different kinds of chocolate with sprinkles. I may do this for my treats with Halloween tomorrow.

Sorry this was a huge book. I'll do a better job of finishing these up daily instead of waiting to do it once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment